Particle Collision #3

DSC_0009

One more almost complete. There’s some sanding and polishing still required to really make it shine, but good enough to post a pic of. I’m pretty happy with the results so far and it really is starting to look like black marble with gold striations running through it. The spirals and lines are very deep indeed because they have little paint, but the rest of the surface has many thick applications so that it seems like a design carved into stone.

This entry was posted in My paintings, Photography, Process, Recent Works, Sculpture and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Particle Collision #3

1. artscottnet says:

this is really incredible, awesome work

Thanks.

This one took a lot more time than the first two, but I had a really clear idea of what I wanted. You wouldn’t believe the amount of paint applied on it. LOL

• artscottnet says:

i can tell from the light on the photo… amazing… this had to take days and days

Two weeks and a bit to get to this point. It’s going to be a while before I have the right effect I want. More thin coats of paint, more sanding and then a lot of polishing.

I use baking soda to carry off the paint I take off with sanding paper and also use it with a soft cloth for the polishing process. Don’t tell anyone… it’s a big secret. 😉

2. prewitt1970 says:

I agree with Scott, it’s a stunning piece. Nicely done.

Thank you. Coming from an artist, it’s appreciated all the more. By the way, you are inspired to paint music and that is something understand and occasionally use myself. Melody and beat put me in a groove.

Another artist who has done amazing work by visualizing music in colour and form is Rudolph Bikkers, a Canadian living in Toronto. You should check his work out for inspiration.

He was my art teacher when mastodon roamed the prairies.