Lamb’s Ears

DSC_0015

There’s not a more interesting colour in my garden.

This entry was posted in Photography and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Lamb’s Ears

1. j.h. white says:

This is such an old fashioned flower. It self sows all over my neighborhood. The first time I met it, I kept it blooming in a pot so I could study it…so exotic. I had no idea how wild it is. It didn’t seem to mind. Almost as strong as a weed.

It is old-fashioned and extremely hardy, doing well in stony ground and hot, dry areas.

I live in an area where the Amish farm quite successfully and their flower beds are filled with a wide array of ‘old-fashioned plants. One I particularly am fond of is Scented Evening Stock, which closes its flowers during the day, but opens in the evening and exudes a sweet fragrance one can detect at a distance. Perhaps, some evening, I’ll take a photo.

2. michaelmulholland says:

Beautiful flowers, and if you’ve been to my blog site, you’ve seen much I love shooting flowers…many blessings, Red Crow

3. michaelmulholland says:

You’ve seen how much I love shooting flowers, the prior comment left out the How…fingers go faster than my brain perhaps, lol….

small lavender star
    engulfed
    by blasts of magenta

5. Forest So Green says:

I like the old fashioned plants. Lovely photo. Annie

6. tric says:

I love this. My mum is visiting me and both of us were in my garden today pottering about. Then in a pot which was ignored and unloved, she found a small seedling of these. She lovingly re potted it and it is now out my back for me to remember this lovely day we spent together. I have many of these growing in my garden but this one will be special. I read this post and smiled!