iMac Woes

Oh, how I love to post. Endlessly. Daily.

But I bought an iMac and all hath come to ruin. No more pictures until I figure this thing out.

Within me, it seems, intuition is lacking… severely. No longer is there an easy route to resize a photo to under 1Mb. The method for doing so resides somewhere and I was searching, searching, searching, but nowhere is it to be found.

Oh, woe is me. 😦 I am a verklempt Windows addict.

This entry was posted in Photography, Writing and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to iMac Woes

1. tina5458 says:

Hurry back!

2. Forest So Green says:

It’s hard to learn the best ways with a new system. Good Luck 🙂 Annie

So true, Annie. They told me to trust my intuition… that all will be revealed in good time. This sounded amazing to this young novice, but grabbing the pebble from the master’s hand is proving to be a most difficult challeng .

3. Rosemarie says:

There is a bit of a learning curve, but overall it is a better system, I think. I changed from PC to Mac several years ago when the PC crashed totally from virus damage.

My HP Windows PC went into meltdown on the 9th of June and I bought the iMac two days later. I knew there’d be a learning curve, so I was prepared for a wake-up & shake-up, but I’ve already grown to appreciate the beauty of this machine. Time will show me all those shortcuts I’ll need for keeping up with my WP blog and, not surprisingly, the wonderful people I’ve met here are already wealth of help.

(and that makes me happy too) 😀

get a flickr account

upload your image

and then it is available

at multiple resolution

and sizes

for you

~

download

a copy

at one of many

available

resolutions

5. michaelmulholland says:

You will enjoy and have so much fun on a Mac, just relax and take your time learning how the system works, it’s really easy…good luck.

6. Open photo in preview, go to tools and adjust size and save.

7. artscottnet says:

Best of luck, hang in there, and have fun, you’ll love it once you get the hang of it

8. enmanscamera says:

ha…..you’ll soon like using the Mac…My process was to swear at the screen lots. As for resizing, just use photoshop. I hope you have PhotoShop. Go to the Menu at the top and select IMAGE ..scroll down to Image Size. and select anything you want, then save. Just that easy.

9. iMacs are brilliant – so is the Mac Air. Much more intuitive software and much more reliable. Just relax, play and enjoy yourself.

10. I bought my iMac in 2008, would never have windows based pc again, plenty of on-line tutorials for iMac users, Google is your friend and YouTube is another great source of showing you how to do something.