Evidence of a Passing

Picture 098

Mortality is evident to us wherever we may go.

This entry was posted in Photography and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Evidence of a Passing

1. Chris Hall says:

I remember finding a mouse skull in the woods once when I was a kid. It was the first time I ever saw the remains of an animal in nature.

Chris Hall
    The Adventures of Jaydon and Daddy

Loved the pic of Jaydon finding the dandelion, The cloud of seeds must be fascinating to viewing for the first time.

• Chris Hall says:

I’m always ready to take photos of my son. You never know what shot I’ll get.

Tell me about it… 😀 We raised two boys and a mountain of photos were taken over a period of 40 years. It never stops, Chris. I can vouch for that.

• Chris Hall says:

I have a separate external hard drive just for all the photos I take. And Jaydon is only 22-months-old. d:~)

You are fortunate to be able to use digital. 🙂 I have at least a dozen family albums filled to the brim with old camera prints and, if that isn’t enough, a large box full of photos which never made it into the albums. My boys are now adults and married, but pictures are still being taken. It’s quite a difference now that I have digital cameras. The cash outlay for analog cameras is scary to think about when I see what has been taken over the years.

My father was a fairly adept photographer himself and I inherited his old Voigtlander camera along with ALL of his slides (plus negatives). There is, in total, 40 years worth of interesting material which really deserves scanning and posting online.

Add to that a wealth of much older family photos going back to the turn of the 20th century and I think I’m going to have to invest in a good scanner.

• Chris Hall says:

I have a yellow office envelope full of photos. I really need to have them scanned into the computer.
        My grandfather also has photos of family dating back to the early 1900’s. it was cool and interesting to go through them all.
        Do you have a smartphone? Most of the photos you see on my blog were taken with my phone. Only if I need to stage a shot will I use my digital SLR camera.

The cellphone would work for the prints, but what really fascinates me are the 80 years worth of negatives and slides. An Epsom V600 will scan both, so it’s on my bucket lists.

2. Ives Salbert says:

Awesome! I need to find something like this so I can set up a vanitas still life. So cool!

I have lots of similar images

from growing up